Amazing, isn’t it? It really does seem as if history repeats itself and trends really do come and go, as elegant looking fitted carpets are once more making an appearance in so many homes around Australia!
But what makes them so unique and worthy of a comeback? What exactly is it about this type of flooring which makes it stand out above the rest?
Let’s get to see just why:
What we call “fitted carpets” are those which get fixed down onto the floors of rooms and is seen being used in so many places such as all rooms in a house, offices and many public places.
Coming in such a wide range of types and designs, they can be installed in various ways and after being fitted, will then provide any area with stability, comfort and superb visuals.
- They are extremely comfortable when being walked upon.
- They assist in keeping any kind of room warm and help in reducing heating bills.
- There is a huge reduction in noise pollution.
- People should check out specialist carpet stores with a well-established long history in the carpet business for the very best in carpeting.
- The size and the shape of any fitted carpet will depends on the dimensions of the space being carpeted.
- This is known as “wall-to-wall carpeting”.
- Other fitted carpets are utilised for carpeting for certain purposes, like red carpeting in cinemas, or what you see in hotel lobbies.
- And you will notice in such places, that carpeting doesn’t always cover an entire floor.
- Well fitted wall-to-wall carpeting will need an underlay, and especially when a carpet is laid over a wooden floor.
- The floor must be clean and prior to any underlay being fitted, gripper or tack strips are installed around the sides of the room.
- The carpet tack strip is a rectangular strip with tacks which are attached to any carpet and underlay placed upon them.
Cutting to Perfection
- The underlay is then fitted where the carpet is going to be laid.
- Underlays are cut to size and placed together by way of strong carpeting tape and then, the carpet itself is unrolled and trimmed for the perfect fit.
- When two rolls of carpet meet, carpet tape is used on the full length of the underside of both panels so they join perfectly together.
- These seams and joins are usually put into areas of little pedestrian traffic.
Trustworthy and Perfect for Homes and Offices
- Fitted carpet in the home or office makes it much safer due to a huge reduction in carpet movement where it has been fitted.
- Unfitted carpets, are usually unstable, which means that people walking on it are liable to fall, due to carpet sliding.
- Loose carpets can also get rucked and form ridges, which can then cause people to trip up and have accidents.
Why are they now so popular? I wonder!